Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Review: Wings of Nestor ( Solus #3) by Devri Walls

I have been dying to share my thoughts on this book for what feels like forever now, in reality I think it has only been a couple of moths. In May I received an ARC of Wings of Nestor naturally I devoured it immediately and was unable to share my review, which killed by the way. Well then when the time came for me to be able to share my review, life happened and all of a sudden I didn't have the time to share my thoughts, but now I do!!! Yay, finally!

Synopsis
For fans of Julie Kagawa, Cinda Willams Chima, Christopher Paolini, Rick Riordan, dragons, high fantasy, myths & legends, and magic!

Kiora needs answers. Who is the Shadow? Who is Jasmine? Are they connected? And even more pressing—how can she stop the Shadow from using her dreams as a map to find them? They have escaped three times, but are living on borrowed time—and everybody knows it.

Kiora’s search will push her closer to Alcander, send her to the dragon mountain of Toopai, and lead straight back to Meros—where magic will finally return to the land of no magic. Answers will be uncovered and plans unearthed that have been waiting for thousands of years.

But with the Shadow’s forces gathering, the rebels are hurtling toward one outcome: war. Armed with knowledge and hope, Kiora is determined to change that path, but will fate allow it? Or will it teach her a hard lesson about following her own destiny?
Helpful Links:  Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Website

My Review

A lot has happened to Kiora and Emane since the start of the Solus series. Kiora went from a normal girl to the one who can save them all, the Solus in a matter of days. Now she is with Emane, her protector and they have traveled to Meros where she will have to face an incredible darkness, her feelings for both great men in her life and her destiny.

At the end of Wings of Tavea, I was not Alcander's biggest fan. I mean here was this guy, who thought he was all powerful, and gods gift to well everyone, (okay I admit he is incredibly easy on the eyes, but that is beside the point); and he was trying to steal Kiora away from Emane. I really loathed the guy, but I have to say that Alcander has definitely grown on me. And I might even be willing to say that I can see why Kiora wants to be with him, might! But that being said, by the middle of Wings of Nestor, I had gotten over my dislike for Alcander and had turned that disgust onto our heroine Kiora. Now allow me to explain myself here.

I love Kiora. She is incredibly strong and has faced things that no girl her age should have to face and she did it all without running away and hiding under a rock. That's what I would do. Anyway, she is awesome. She is kind, fierce, strong and wouldn't hurt a fly unless she had to. But in Wings of Nestor I sort of wanted to kick her butt. Here she was so in love with Emane but at the same time she was flaunting her feelings and connection with Alcander in his face. I know that Kiora and Emane can't touch without her magic hurting him, but I couldn't help but feel like Kiora was just leading Emane on. And it really ripped my heart out to see the hurt on Emane's face.

Okay, that aside. Wings of Nestor was an absolutely phenomenal story that had everything you could possibly ask for magic, action, thrills, laughter, suspense, and love! And not just love, but a love triangle, one that is done well I might add. Devri Walls wrote this love story so well that not only did I fall in love with the first guy who stole Kiora's heart, but I fell in love with both of them. Granted I know who I want her to end up with *cough* Emane *cough* but still I love them both and can easily see how great either one would be for Kiora. 

In Wings of Nestor we get to see a lot more action and we finally get to see Emane shine, absolutely one of my favorite moments. There are many surprises that wait for you in Wings of Nestor and Devri Walls does such an amazing job of revealing just enough of what is to come, keeping you hooked until the very end. She also does a great job of keeping many things secret. There is a pretty big thing that happens with Emane in Wings of Nestor and I spent the rest of the book waiting on pins and needles trying to uncover just what in the hell it all meant, but Devri Walls did a great job of giving me just enough information to absolutely kill me with suspense. Now I have to wait until Wings of Lomay for her to reveal the secret of what Emane is up to. But knowing Devri Walls it is going to be EPIC! 

Obviously I can't wait to get my hands on the final installment of this series. I am in so in love with these characters. Each one of them has stolen a piece of my heart. This is one of those series that owns a piece of your heart and makes you feel every emotion in the spectrum of emotions. I seriously can't even count how many times it has made me cry, both silent tears and ugly snot tears. And Wings of Nestor is definitely no different. I can definitely say I cried and I'm sure that my tears are not done falling because this promises to own me. 

Wings of Nestor is an amazing fantasy that will deliver you to a world where magic is truly mystical. Where love knows no bounds and the strength of a girl really can save us all. So seriously, if you haven't already started this series, then what are you waiting for! 



Alcander growled, whirling to face him. “I have been at this for days—I should have it by now.” “Witows train for years,” Emane said, circling him. “Maybe if you could let go of the idea that you are inherently better than me, it would be less aggravating to you.” 


This is part of the moment that I mentioned in my review. Of course, there are so many amazing moments in this book it is really hard to choose, but I like this moment, because I am a true Emane fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment