Monday, July 29, 2013

Book Boyfriends



Book boyfriends. We all have them. We all love them and we all will fight for them if it comes to it. (Or over them) Earlier this evening I was discussing book boyfriends with one of my friends when she told me that I could have one of my book boyfriends all to myself because she had found a new one. And that got me thinking....do you get rid of book boyfriends once you find a new one or do you just add them to the list?

I realized today that I have a running list of book boyfriends. Sure I could never possibly name them all but I can definitely name my top ten, but don't make me do it. Because once I create that list I will kick myself in the pants for not putting one over another and I will constantly second guess my choices. (Don't judge me) But there are just too many drool worthy and list worthy book boyfriends out there to not fret over choices. *Stares at the internet* You know I'm right. 

And that brings me to my next question...how many book boyfriends is too many? Or is there such a thing as too many? 

Cause I'm thinking that I add a book boyfriend with every series I fall in love with. Which let's be honest is quite a lot. Seriously, there are just so many book boyfriends out there that deserve to be on the list. Please tell me I'm not alone? 

I will be the first to admit, that I got a problem. "Hello, my name is Danielle and I'm a book boyfriend hoarder." *waves shyly* 

Of course there are a gazillion other questions that I can ask with this discussion, but let's save those for another time shall we?! 

6 comments:

  1. Lol what a great topic! I would say that I have a bunch of book boyfriends but I usually try to reserve my top guy and always know who he is. Kellan Kyle from Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens has been my top pick for a while now and I usually hold him up as my high standard by which I compare all other book boyfriends. I find while I have read other characters that come close, Kellan was consistently sexy and a sweetie for the whole three book series and I have yet to find another guy that constantly awesome.
    I also don't get overprotective of my guys. Some of my friends will throw down and claim book boyfriends. I don't mess with that. There is enough imaginary man to go around : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Phew I am so glad to hear you say that you have a bunch of book boyfriends. I too know my top. My top hasn't changed in a couple of years. Like you I have yet to meet a guy like my number 1. I haven't heard of Kellan Kyle, but I think I might have to look him up.

      I guess it is a good thing that neither of us get overprotective of our book boyfriends. I love it when I find out I share a book boyfriend with someone!

      I couldn't agree more, there is definitely enough imaginary man to go around! ;) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I seem to have a shot attention span. Very few book boyfriends make it to the long term list - like Barrons and Curran. Clynton. Hmmm, not to many more spring to mind though. After a while, they all seem a little samey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Well I guess it makes it easier for you to put out a list. I only know my top like 5. They have been on there for a while, and so far it looks like no one is going to kick them off any time soon.

      And I do see how you say that after a while they seem the same because I totally agree. A lot of book boys just blend together, I wonder if there is a certain recipe to follow when making a book boy?!

      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Well, you didn't list them, so I'm interested to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....well since you asked I will let you in on my list of Best Book Boyfriends.

      1) Dirk Pitt from Clive Cussler
      2) Chase Williams from M.R. Merrick's Protector series
      3) Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
      4) Joe Quinn from Iris Johansen's Even Duncan series
      5) Nathan McBride from Andrew Petterson's Nathan McBride series

      Well there you have it. My 5. But I will tell you that number 5 was a hard one. There are a few boys that fight for that spot! ;)

      Delete