Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feature and Follow #9: Letter to Chase Williams

So what is feature and follow you ask? Why it is this awesome meme hosted by  Parajunkee and Alison Can Read; that gives you the opportunity to meet as many bloggers as possible!!! Stop by either blog for the details on how to participate.







I am pretty excited about this weeks Feature and Follow. Because this week is an activity, but not just any activity......

Activity: Write a letter to your favorite character. Rant, rave or gush.....just pretend like they are real and you just want to let them know a "few things." -Activity courtesy of author, Kelly Walker.

As soon as Parajunkee announced the topic for this week I was giddy. I absolutely love this idea and I immediately knew the character I was going to write to. This character stole my heart about a year ago and has taken me on some incredible journeys. He is one of my all time favorite characters.....Chase Williams from the Protector Series by M.R. Merrick and this is what I had to say.

Chase,

I know that your life hasn’t been easy. Heck I know who your father is. I know what he is, I know what he has done. I know of all of your struggles. I was right there with you. When you were exiled and hated the world, I was there. When you met Rayna and struggled with accepting what you had been raised to hate, I was there. When you were given the powers you thought you would never receive and were chosen to be the Protector, I was there. And when you lost the thing you treasured most in this world. I was there, your pain was my pain. Your tears were my tears.

Your anger was my anger, your disappointment was my disappointment and your happiness was my happiness. I felt it all. You took me with you as you traveled worlds in search of ways to stop the evil that was determined to rule the worlds. And I was with you as you struggled with everything that being the Protector means.

And now that you are filled with loss again, I am here. I was shouting at the heavens when you were dealt this devastating blow. When we were dealt this devastating blow. That pain cut deep.

I know that you are scared. And I know that you blame yourself. For everything, not just this thing. And I know you are mad at the world. And I totally understand that. Any other person would have collapsed under all this pressure.

So, as you face your biggest challenges I ask that you keep in mind what you are fighting for. I beg you to remember that you are not to blame for any of this. I know that you might want to lash out, you might hate everyone and everything and that you will want to pull away and hide from the world. That you might even want to quit. But please don’t. This is your destiny.

If I could take your pain, I would. I would help you carry that weight because that’s what friends do. That’s what you would do if you were in my shoes. Because that is the kind of person you are. No matter the crap you have been through you will do anything for those you call family. I want you to remember through all the pain, hate, loss, anger, blame and hatred that you are brave, kind, loyal, funny, strong, dedicated, determined, loving and a fierce warrior. But I also want you to remember that you have felt happiness, joy and love and you deserve to feel them again.

But above all else I ask you to remember that you have friends. Loyal friends, who would do anything for you, who don’t want to see you hurt—friends who need you and want you to be happy. They don’t blame you and neither should you.

Sincerely,

A loyal friend


So is there a character you would write a letter to? Or one you wouldn't? Share it, I would love to hear from you......


"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow. Returned the favor. I have not heard of this series before, I will have to keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a really great series!! I can't gush enough about it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a very serious letter! This is great :)

    Old follower via GFC. My FF

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great letter! I've never heard of the series, but I'm adding it near the top of my TBR. Fantasy is my favorite. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. ♥♥♥

    Raina @ The LUV'NV — one of this week's feature blogs.
    (Old follower via GFC and new FB follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how deep your message is. Probably one of my favorites so far. Thanks for stopping by, I followed you back. :)Have a happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say I am an old follower! I really wish blogger had an edit comment option.

      Delete
    2. Jelly, thanks! Chase is one my all time faves and I think he is just too hard on himself! Glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  5. Oh I just realized my comment didn't publish, lol! Anywho I'm a new follower via GFC :D I really love your letter, it was very in depth and it makes me want to start on the series to find out more about Chase's life and tribulations. I'll have to add it to my to-read list :)


    -Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is intense. I gotta read that book now. Thanks for stopping by, following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how heartfelt your letter is. Very deep and filled with advice. It was so wonderful to read :) Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww how cute *Puppy eyes*

    new GFC follower

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-friday_14.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naw I love your passion towards chase :)
    New Follower via GFC

    I wrote to Kaiden Rowe @ Annoushka Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel really passionate towards this series! It is one of my loves!

      Delete
  10. I have never read this series, but fab letter! :D

    New Follower via GFC :)

    My F&F Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great letter, well written!

    ReplyDelete