Monday, January 21, 2013

Gavin Cassidy (Character Time #5)



It has been a while since I have done a character time and when I was thinking about who I should write it on literally tons of characters floated through my head. Each one deserving in their own right and each one solidifying their permanent place on my list of favorite characters. With characters abound I decided that I had to spotlight a character that stole my heart the minute he graced the page.

Gavin is one of those characters that you love to hate. He frustrates the hell out of you one minute for not only his actions, but his words, as he has been known to put his foot in his mouth more than a time or two. And just when you are so mad at him, he goes and does something incredibly sweet and selfless, sending your heart a flutter.

You see Gavin has a way with words and in a matter of seconds he can literally reduce you to a small puddle. An absolute rock god that sends girls swooning, Gavin wants nothing to do with the life he is living. He wants more. He wants to be better.

And despite being a kick butt Sentinel who can wield elemental magic there is a part of Gavin that is lost. A part of him that is so vulnerable. He has the strength to fight wars, but the war that rages within him is a war that will melt any heart. He literally makes you want to hold him until everything is okay. But Gavin is not that kind of guy. He is more of the suffer in silence type, taking whatever crap people have to give him.

But when Gavin opens himself up to possibility.....the possibility to be whole again, to love and the possibility to end the suffering of thousands, he does. And he does so in a way that no other character can. In the face of his inner demons Gavin is the guy who will put it all aside to save one soul. He would make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the world.

With wit, sarcasm, humor, elemental magic, strength of a warrior, grace and looks of a god, Gavin Cassidy from the Just Breathe series is a character that I am pretty sure any girl would be glad to see on screen and in living color.

If you haven't read this amazing series then for goodness sake you should!! And guess what? Right now Inhale, the first in this breathtaking series is FREE on Amazon!!!

                  Inhale (Just Breathe, #1) Exhale (Just Breathe, #2) Just Breathe (Just Breathe, #3)
                        Inhale Amazon     Exhale Amazon    Just Breathe Amazon
Are you familiar with Gavin? Share your thoughts on this character. Is he the kind of character you could drool over???

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

8 comments:

  1. I luff Gavin!!! He's just so confused... sometimes... Ok, lots of the time. I still love him though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confused, but so incredibly awesome!! There is definitely a lot to love about him!! Hehe... :)

      Delete
  2. I <3 Gavin!! He is so ... strong & vulnerable. The perfect combination to win me over :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure that Gavin could win any girl over! He is definitely a man of many talents ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have Inhale but I haven't read it yet. Gavin sounds like a really interesting character. I need to get moving and start reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is definitely interesting!! You definitely must rectify this situation and begin reading Inhale. Gavin is just one of those characters!! :)

      Delete
  4. I do love Gavin quite a bit (it's hard not to). He's pretty much amazing. Rock star + Hero? Yes. A million times yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's what I said, I mean hello Rock God and Hero, what an amazing combination!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete