Sunday, November 18, 2012

Eleven by Carolyn Arnold (Book Review)


Special Agent Brandon Fisher knew he wanted nothing more than to be a an agent for the FBI and his first case on the Behavioral Analysis Unit will put more than his training to the test. When they are called out to rural Kentucky to investigate ten bodies and one empty grave discovered in an underground burial chamber, Special Agent Fisher finds more than he bargained for. Not only are his skills as an agent tested, but his very character seems to be in question from none other than his mentoring supervisor and the very unsub they seek. Will his sins come back to haunt him and cause him to be the unsub's next victim or can this team of Special Agents out smart the killer before they strike again? 

My Review: 5-Must Devour
I love suspense novels and even more than that I love ones involving FBI agents. I don't really know why, but it is what it is. When I first discovered this book I was a little more than excited to read it and I am happy to say that now that I have finished it I am even more excited! 

My first reaction to this suspense filled book is that it was like reading an episode of Criminal Minds, and if you have seen that show then you already know how awesome this book is going to be. From the moment I picked up the book I was thrown into the story and it never let me go. As the story unraveled and clues unfolded I felt like I was participating in the hunt as much as the agents in the story. And let me tell you, never did I see that ending coming. It snuck up on me like a birthday you no longer wish to have. But it was one hell of a twist to an already exiting story. 

Not only did I love this story I loved its characters, all of them. You see, I find that a lot of suspense books now days often make the lead character this perfect cop or agent who is rugged and tough, never backs down from a fight, always get's their man and almost seems untouchable. But the lead character in this book is far from any of those things. He is a new agent, he doesn't always know what to do, he has made mistakes in his past, he allows his emotions to rule him, and he seems to seek approval from his fellow agents as to whether or not he is a good agent.

And what makes this character even better is the fact that he is surrounded by other characters you can't help but love. Such as Paige the strong willed agent who shares a personal history with Brandon and can more than handle herself in a world of evil. Zachery the smart agent who has a photographic memory and a bit of a sarcastic attitude. And Jack the supervisory agent who is rugged, tough, holds little to hope and has seen more than his fair share of bad crap. I can't wait to read what's next for this amazing team of agents!

So if you love, suspense and the thrill of the chase then you have to check out Eleven because it does not disappoint! 

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Eleven Rooms. Ten Bodies. One Empty Grave.

Brandon Fisher never expected this when he signed up as a Special Agent for the FBI. Working in the shadow of Supervisory Special Agent Jack Harper of the Behavioral Analysis Unit his career seemed set. But when the team is called to a small rural town where the remains of ten victims are found in an underground bunker, buried in an unusual way, Brandon knows he'll never return to his normal life.

With one empty grave, and the case touching close to home, he fears he's become the target of a psychotic serial killer who wants to make him number eleven. Only thing is, everything Brandon thinks he knows is far from the truth.


Helpful links:
GoodreadsCarolyn Arnold WebsiteAmazon

"Devouring worlds one book and recipe at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment